June 04, 2008


I haven't been blogging because I've been so busy. My mother and I have been gardening like crazy. Or, I should say she has, because I am not allowed to lift anything heavier than 20 lbs. She is a stickler about this. So my poor 61-year-old mama has been dragging around bags of mulch and soil all week.

But I did carry something today that was a little heavier than 20 lbs. Charlie Pup had to go to the doggy emergency room. We think he got bit by a spider or bee or something, because his paw was all swollen and he was limping all day. They knocked him out and gave him meds and an IV. The vet was awesome, but our poor pup is still woozy and melancholy. Luckily he just got shaved down the other day, so checking his paws was a little easier.


I had a doctor visit this morning, and I told my husband about it in an email. Then I emailed about the dog. He immediately called home and wanted to know all about the pup's health. You see where the priorities lie, right? Heh.

Husband, the pup is doing fine. Watching a dog wake up from anesthesia is hilarious too.

Posted by Sarah at June 4, 2008 07:57 PM | TrackBack

Awww... poor Charlie!

Ike sends his get well wishes!

Posted by: airforcewife at June 4, 2008 08:03 PM

I remember after my kitten came home after being fixed during the first year. She stumbled out of the carrier, dragged herself over to the glass window door and leaned the top of her head against it for 20 minutes. Looked like me with a really bad hangover! Too cute.

Posted by: Oda Mae at June 5, 2008 02:11 AM

But, did he ask to speak to Charlie? Poor little guy, first he gets played with like a baby doll and then this!

Posted by: Ruth H at June 5, 2008 09:39 AM

Poor little guy!

And you? The doctor's visit was uneventful, I guess?

I'm glad you have mom around to help you. Aren't moms the best?!


Posted by: T at June 5, 2008 01:16 PM

Awww. Poor Charlie pup!

I wouldn't want to watch my dog wake up from anesthesia! I've seen it plenty of other times with other dogs, but never mine. It seems so sad!

What is he laying on, btw? Is that a trash bag?

Posted by: Erin at June 5, 2008 06:30 PM

Heh, it is a trash bag. We put his doggy bed in a lawn bag because earlier he had a peeing accident. Oh how he peed. They gave him a ton of fluid via IV, and it all came out at once, on my shirt, on the floor, and on two towels. We didn't want a pee-soaked doggy bed.

Posted by: Sarah at June 5, 2008 06:45 PM

Hope Charlie is feeling better! He looks so funny shaved! Give me a ring when your mom leaves if you are feeling like chatting.

Posted by: Heather S at June 8, 2008 10:02 AM